Monday, June 25, 2012

~The never ending project~

Since moving back to the Nashville area I have been hard at work on projects for my apartment.  Some of them are just little 2 minute crafts and then there was a huge one that took about 2 weeks.
Mom and dad had this solid wood tv cabinet that they were looking to get rid of.  I told them not to sell it, I wanted to re-finish it and keep it.  So as soon as I got to Nashville I got started on it.  I thought that I could get this thing knocked out in a weekend. Oh no. Not even close.  It turned out to be the project that would never end.  More than two weeks later it was finally finished.  And then 2 weeks after that, I finally got it hauled to my apartment.  It was long and tedious, but I think it turned out fantastic.  I'm in love with it.  



I am hoping to get a new tv soon.  So that gross silver thing will be gone.  As soon as I do get a new tv, there is another shelf that sits over the top of the tv to fill in some of that wall space.  And I have been going back and forth as to paint the brown tv stand white too, or leave it.  Still pondering that one.  And I think I change the little accessories inside the cabinets just about everyday.  It's been fun to play around with.

2 comments:

Katie Shing said...

Wow!!! It looks amazing!!! You did a great job!

BobbieSue said...

April, you did an awesome job on the cabinet! Looks brand new. Must be those "Burks remodeling genes" at work! I'm refinishing a dresser today.