Thursday, August 20, 2009

First day of Clinic...check!

Ok so, so I had my first day clinic today...orientation...tour...hands on practice with the instruments...the overwhelming process of charts, where they come from, where they go, when, why, and how... Needless to say, it was a little bit much today. I am back in the clinic tomorrow for 3 hours for more hands on practice.
Although it was overwhelming, it was really awesome to finally get my hands on the equipment. For so long in undergrad the equipment and testing was waved in front of my face, but I was never allowed to use it. So when I was actually using it today, I couldn't help but smile and really feel exctied!!!
So here is what I got to do today...
Otoscopy...looking in someone's ear.


Tympanometry...testing someone's eardrum.


Audiometry...testing a patient's hearing thresholds with tones while they are in a sound proof booth.

Speech testing...testing a patient's speech recognition thresholds.
Tomorrow should be fun...more practice, practice, practice. That's good because I get my first patient 2 weeks from tomorrow. Agh!!

No comments: