Sunday, September 27, 2009

I got my Madison fix!

WARNING: The following entry is the result of not being able to spend time with Madison in awhile. I am completely obsessed with this child! Hope you enjoy.

I had such a great weekend! Madison came to see me!!!...oh yeah, and my mom and granny came too! She is growing so fast, talking a mile a minute, she's learned to skip, can put on her shoes, and is trying to be miss independent. She was really excited about night-night time at Autie April's this weekend. She got to sleep in a Tinkerbell sleeping bag on the floor, instead of in a pack-n-play. She did really well and only ended up in bed with me one of the nights. So that was really exciting. Here is a link to a video of her putting on her shoes. It's pretty cute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDb_MFnnXp4
Saturday was a really gross day. It rained buckets all day long! We really didn't want to keep Madi couped up in the apartment all day, so we ventured out in the rain to the mall. Can I just say that we were not the only ones with this genius idea. I think everyone ended up there. We found the covered parking garage...so did everyone else. We waited in line for a spot and finally found one and made our way into the mall. We walked around for a while and decided we were hungry. Mom ordered Madison a grilled cheese sandwich, but Madison decided she wanted Gigi's broccoli cheese soup.

Eating Gigi's soup.

She ended up eating half the bowl of soup, all of her grilled cheese, and 3 little cookies. She was a hungry girl! After we ate we headed over the the play area. Just as we were walking up, the cleaning guy closes off the the area. Ugh! So we walked around for an hour and came back to play.


She was so cute running around playing with the other kids.


Saturday night we grabbed a bite to eat and went back to the apartment and watched Hairspray. Madison watched and danced to the whole thing. It was funny...sorry no video on that one.
Sunday it was gorgeous outside. We decided to go to the park before they headed out of town. Madison climbed way up on the playscapes, slid down the slides, and even made some friends.


Running to the park!


Playing at the park!

There is a really cute video of her making friends with quadruplets at the park. It was too big to post on here, but check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6e1Usq6zqw


Digging in the dirt

I was really surrised when she was playing in the rocks and dirt. She is such a neat freak. She hates anything messy. So after she figured out she had dirty hands she wasn't happy. We didn't have any wiped with us...they were back at the car. We had to wipe them off in the grass. She survived though.

After playing at the park we went for lunch. While we were waiting for our food I was trying to get her to make the "I love you" sign. I had been trying to get her to do on camera all weekend. You can kind of see it in the 2nd picture. She has been working on this sign for a while. She can do it pretty well with her left hand...she's a lefty. But it takes a little more concentration with her right hand.

I had so much fun with her. She is my favorite! I miss her already and can't wait for her to come back!

1 comment:

Kel said...

This is so precious! She is adorable and so lovable. I'm sure you miss her a ton.