Thursday, March 4, 2010

~Thank you Lord for getting me through this week~

This week has been the hardest week to date I think. This grad school stuff is crazy. I had two hard tests and a wopper of a project due by Wednesday, not to mention clinic and all that that entails. Usually my classes are the easy part of the week and clinic is the challenging part. This week on the other hand, I was happy to get to go to clinic to relax. Haha.
It is the middle of the semester and in two of my classes we have yet to have had a test. So that means that each test is really important, which means that I need to do really well on them, which means that I spent an insane amount of time studying. So last weekend was spent with my nose burried in test material. ...I did however take a break and found a great church that I am excited to go back to and I got togo see Avatar in IMAX 3D and can I just say...amazing!!! Loved it... But that was short lived and it was back to the books in preparation for the week ahead. Everyday this week I just kept telling myself, "Just get through today. You'll be fine. Just get through the day." So here is how my week went:
Monday:
9:15-10:30 Hearing Aids class
10:30-1 study time and lunch
1-2:15 Electro Physiology class
2:15-4:30 writing and revising reports for clinic
Tuesday:
8-12noon Pediatric clinic
12-4:30 cramming for Vestibular Disorders exam
4:30-5:45 Vestib. Disorders Exam
6-11pm study time for Hearing Aids exam
Wednesday:
2:45am up and at 'em
3:30-8 at school studying for hearing aids exam
8-8:30 clinical educaton seminar
8:30-9:15 last minutes cram session for exam
9:15-10:30 Hearin Aids exam
10:30-1 finalizing my Electro. Phys. project and lunch
1-2:15 Electro Phys class
2:15-5 more reports
Thursday:
12noon-1 Clinical Education Seminar
1-4:00 Adult Clinic
4-5:00 Speech therapy session
5-7:00 finalizing charts and reports for the week
I was pretty sure I was only going to have a couple of charts to do this evening after my speech therapy session. This is what a typical Thursday afternoon chart load looks like:
This is what I found in my file:

Well crap! Of all the weeks to be bogged down with extra charts!!!!! Oh well. I took a deep breath and got through it.

So needless to say I have just been able to catch my breath! And can I just say that Spring Break this next week could not have come at a more oppurtune time! I am not going to think, dream, stress, or worry about anything audiology for at least a week! Thank you Lord for getting me through this week!

No comments: