Friday, after I went in to school to get caught up on some school work, Ashley and I headed to her aunt and uncle's lake house in middle Tennessee. We spent the evening enjoying margaritas on the porch over looking the lake, before heading to dinner.
There was a threat of rain, but we thought we'd chance it and head out on the boat. We hopped on board and cruised the lake on our way to dinner. Ashley told me to grab a jacket because it may get chilly. Pshh. I didn't need a jacket, it was perfect outside! Big mistake. On our 30 minute ride to the restaurant we ran into rain! Of course! haha Luckily they keep a bunch of rain jackets on the boat.
Here I am trying to avoid the rain....getting soaked. Where I was sitting there was no one on my left. All the rain water that collected in the seat ran down the seat, completely soaking my left side. So I went to dinner with my whole left side of my body sopping wet. haha That was fun.After we enjoyed a great meal, we headed back to the lake house. Luckily it wasn't pouring on our way back. We dropped off half our crew before Ashley, her parents, and myself went back on the boat. We were headed out to do something I had never done before...night fishing.
We found a spot that looked promising, and Ashley's dad got us all set up ready to fish. After hours of catching a bunch of minnows, but no fish, we called it a night at about 2:00am. We were all exhausted and a bit frustrated. It was still way fun! Something I had never done before.
Trying the catch a fish with no success.
Something I else I was super excited about was that I got to cross one more thing off my list of things to do before I die. I have been to Kentucky!
The lake house was in Tennessee, but once we were on the boat and got the restaurant, we were in Kentucky! Yay! One more thing to check off!The next morning we enjoyed a great breakfast with everyone before Ashley and I headed to Nashville. Mom and Dad had long time friends, Jim & Kathi and John & Kathy, visiting. I wanted to see them while they were in town. Once I got home, all the girls (Mom, Kathi, Kathy, Madison, and I) spent the afternoon shopping downtown Franklin. I lived in Franklin for 18 months, and spent many weekends there since my move to Knoxville, but that was the first time I had evere gone and walked downtown. It was fabulous. Lots of cute shops. If you ever make it up here, you definitely need to check it out!
That evening Ashley picked me up and we met up with Sarah (another Au.D. girl in our class). I know we spend every waking hour of every day together at school, but how often do we see each other in Nashville? So we headed to one of my favorite little bars in Franklin, The Bunganut Pig, for dinner and drinks. Great fun!
Sunday, I spent the morning visiting with Jim & Kathi and John & Kathy. We caught up, laughed, and tried to make a plan for the day. On the agenda...POOL. It was my first swim of the summer. So much fun. So all the girls headed down to the neighborhood pool for some fun in the sun while the boys watched a movie and got in a nap. Madison and I splished and splashed until our little fingers were all wrinkly!
Madison with her new pool floatie
How cute is she?
Great picture of some great friends.
John & Kathy, Mom & Dad, Kathi & Jim with one of their sons,
Adam
Monday morning all the visitors were up and out of Nashville by 8:00am. I was so exhausted by all the events of the weekend, that I ended up taking 2 naps. In between I managed to get some quality time with my Madison. She did my hair, we had a tea party, she played dress-up, and we rough-housed on the floor. Sounds like a fabulous day to me! Ashley picked me up and 4:00 and we headed back to Knoxville. That wasn't so much fun, but the Blizzard from Dairy Queen made it better! Yum yum!
It was a great weekend, with lots of exciting things! Can't wait for the next long weekend!
Happy Memorial Day!


No comments:
Post a Comment