Sorry I have been MIA recently. I have been a super busy girl. This post is an assortment of things I have been up to recently. So here goes.
1. Open House
The organization I am a part of at school, SAA (Student Academy of Audiology) hosted an Open House. It's an all day event that we, the students, put on to provide free hearing screenings for the community. Anyone can come in and we screen them and counsel them on the results. October is Audiology awareness month and we do this every year to promote awareness. I was a part of it last year, but my role was much bigger this year because I am an officer. We worked long an hard to make sure it was a success. This event is completely up to the students to get the word out, find sponsors, set up, and host. We screened more people than ever this year. Everyone from a 3 month old to 70 something year old. Lots of time and energy, but what a huge success!
This a rock that is on campus that students are allowed to paint. We took it over!
We even had a news crew come by and interview Alison (SAA President) and film us screening. Pretty cool.
SAA Officers
2. Missed Clinic
I missed clinic last Monday. It was my day seeing kiddos. I found out that a patient I had seen previously was scheduled. When she came in, she wanted to know where I was. She wanted to see me. This made my day.
3. Shopping
I have started my Christmas shopping! This alway puts me in a good mood!
4. Busted Car
My car broke down two weeks ago. I had to have it towed to 2 different places before they finally figured out what was wrong and fixed it. The whole computer had to be replaced. Luckily I had a warranty that covered it, and it didn't cost me too much out of pocket. Thank goodness!
5. Project
If you know me, then you know that I am not content unless I have some sort of project under way. So I have started yet another project. I will post more on this later. So for now it's a secret. :)
6. Summer Externship
I have started contacting places for my summer externship...in DALLAS. This summer I am required to find a placement to work in a setting and location of my choice. I have been playing with the idea of coming back to Dallas for the summer for a last hoorah, because I know that I want to end up back in Nashville post-graduation. So I have been contacting several places in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area; a couple children's hospitals, an ENT, and a private practice. Keep your fingers crossed that someone takes me.
7. TAASLP (Tennessee Association of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists)
I am headed to the TAASLP convention this week with 3 of my classmates. Should be fun. Free stuff and no school= good time.
8. Burned
I was ironing some pants and I am not really sure how it happened but ouch!
...and this is 3 days old. It was really ugly the day it happened.
9. Alternate Honor Counsel
Not quite sure what I will be doing, but I was nominated and voted for by my peers as alternate honor counsel for our department at school. Don't know what this means yet, but it's cool to nominated and voted for.
10. New Furniture
Granny has moved in with my parents recently. This past weekend my mom's brother and his family (Chris, Kristy, Alison, and JT) went to Nashville to help go through and move Granny out of her condo. All the things that she no longer needs or wants were up for grabs by children and grandchildren. So I get new living room furniture! Yay! I will post pics when it gets here! Thanks Granny!
11. Madison
Last but not least, I get to see Madison this weekend. We are headed to her school Fall Carnival. Should be a fun time!
Hope everyone has a fabulous week!
1 comment:
You've been one busy girl! Miss ya!
Post a Comment