Sunday, August 28, 2011

~in the works~

One of my best friends is expecting little boy in October.  I am so excited for her and her family!  At her baby shower a few weeks ago I gave her some fabric and the pattern of a baby quilt I am making her.  I thought I would post my progress so far.  

This is the pattern that I am doing.  It is called a "Ticker Tape I Spy" quilt.  I wanted to make something that this new little one could enjoy for years to come and not just as a baby.




I started collecting fabric when I was in Texas.  I went to every fabric store I could find.  I found lots of really cute, little boy-ish fabric that I can cut up to make this quilt something special.  It has several peices that are special to their family, and there are a few things that are representative of the quilt-maker.  I think it is going to be adorable!

the fabric collection

a section of the quilt that is pinned

another section...see the state of Tennessee...
had to sneak that in there.


the quilt top
 I have a lot left to do, but it is coming together.  I think the challenging part is over...it was a kind of like a puzzle.  I cut all the objects out, then had to figure out how they would all fit together.  It's looking good so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. You are so talented. Love you much

Anonymous said...

Anon is your Granny