Wednesday, September 28, 2011

~Here we go~

Stressed.  Excited.  Worried.  Hopeful.  Nervous.  Optimistic.  Anxious.

Just a few of the feelings that I have been feeling lately.  I am in the process of finding a placement for my 4th year.  I only have a few short months left of actual school school here in Knoxville.  {I can't believe it!}   

I am gonna back track a little.  This semester I see patients 3 days a week.  Tuesday afternoons I see adult patients.  I love what I do, so I enjoy Tuesday afternoons.  But Thursdays are by far my favorite days.  I am at a pediatric ear, nose, and throat office in the morning, and then in the afternoon I see only pediatric patients in the clinic on campus.  I am loving it.  After my first day at the pediatric ENT office, I was hooked.  I love the atmosphere.  I love that it is fast paced.  I get to do all different kinds of testing.  I see cochlear implant kiddos and hearing aid kiddos.  I really love it all.  I have been there for several weeks now, and I would really love to be in that kind of atmosphere once I am out in the real world.  So...

When it comes to looking for and applying for a 4th year spot...

In a perfect world here is how it would go...I would find a pediatric ENT office in the Nashville area, that takes a 4th year extern, pays well {some externships placements are not paid at all}, and at the end of my externship it will turn into a job.

Don't know if that will happen.  So here is my more realistic plan...I have found several places in the Nashville area to submit my resume to {an ENT office, a few private practices, Vanderbilt University's clinic}.  I also will be submitting my resume to the clinic at Duke University as well as a pediatric ENT in Atlanta, GA.  So far that is all, but I may need to submit a few more resumes, as these placements are pretty competitive.

What I need from you...
Happy, wishful, hopeful thoughts and prayers. 
I hate this feeling of the unknown.  It freaks me out.  I am too much of a planner.  It scares me to death not knowing where I will be 8 months from now.  I know that it will all work out.  But that doesn't keep me from losing sleep over this at night. 

So pray for...
1.  a good placement for me:  somewhere I can grow as a clinician, somewhere I will love walking into everyday, somewhere that I can be happy with geographically, somewhere that I can make some money.
2.  calm nerves.  I tend to overthink things, and it just gets me all stressed out.
3.  if and when I get called for interviews: pray that I can think of the right things to say and make a good impression

If all goes well, I should know something by Christmas time or soon there after.  Eeeee...Here we go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

April, the first verse that came to mind when I read your prayer request is Isaiah 26:3-4 "The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in God the Lord we have an everlasting Rock." I am praying for you to find the right opportunity. Love you, Bobbie

Anonymous said...

tardemI pray for you daily and know you have put all of this in God's hands. You will find the place just for you. You will interview well. These are the things I pray for you, Peace, Love and Joy. Love you,
Granny