Saturday, November 19, 2011

~my first Pinterest project complete.~

If you don't know what Pinterest is, you should absolutely check it out.  I love it and it has become an addiction.  There are so many great things to add to my wishlist, future projects to do, yummy recipes to try, and so much more.   I discovered Pinterest back in May or June and one of the first things I found was this cute little snowman project.


They are snowmen made out of a 2x4s.  So this past week I went and bought all the materials I needed.  I went to Lowe's and bought one 2x4 and had the nice little worker man chop it all up for me because the only tools I own are a screwdriver, hammer, and maybe a pair of needle-nosed pliers if I really looked hard for them.  So I spent a wopping $3.27 on the wood.  Then I headed to JoAnn's and bought fleece (which was half off...love a good deal!) for the hats and scarves and mini ornaments to accessorize their duds.  I had everything else I needed at home in my box of tricks.  I spent a whole $8.12 at JoAnn's.

A stack of my 2x4s
The first thing I did was lightly sand all the wood.  Nobody likes splinters and I wanted to make sure my paint would stick.  Then I gave them all 2 coats of white paint.

All my little naked snowmen waiting to get their clothes and faces.

Next thing to do was cutting up all the fleece.  Each little guy got a fun hat and warm and toasty scarf.

Of coarse I went with red and green for their festive winter wear.
After they all got dressed, it was time to really bring them to life.  I painted on their eyes, mouth and rosy cheeks.  Then I rolled up a little piece of orange felt and gave them a carrot-like nose.  So after all my little guys got a cute little face and clothes, I had to give 'em some accessories.  A snowman wouldn't be complete without buttons.  And what says Christmas time better than little jingle bells?  So they all lined up, waited their turn, and got jingle bells and a fun ornament on their hats, and buttons down their bellies. 

Accessories.
Ta da!  My cheery little snowman friends!  Aren't they just adorable?!  I love them.  I thought they would be cute, but they turned out so much better than I thought! 

 

 


I ended up with nine new little friends.  Even these guys know that the best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.  We have already danced around the apartment singing Christmas songs.  I will share the love and each of these little guys will be gifted to various friends and family members. 

This was a fun project and completely affordable.  My new buddies cost me $1.26 a piece.  Can't beat that! 


1 comment:

BobbieSue said...

I love your snowmen! What a cute and inexpensive idea. Love your craftiness. Aunt Bobbie