We had a fabulous Tennessee Thanksgiving this year. This was our first Thanksgiving spent together here in Tennessee. Since the Hess clan has moved here we have always ventured back to Texas for the Thankgiving holiday. But this year we decided to stay home. My cousin, Chris, drove down from Illinois to join us, and it was Mom's first time to ever host Thanksgiving dinner believe it or not. She may have outdome herself, we had turkey AND ham and of course all the fixin's. We also had 3 different pies and mom's famous chocolate chip cookies. Yummo. We had so much food. Thanksgiving day was spent enjoying the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, hanging around the house, enjoying all the yummy food, skyping and/or talking on the phone to family back in Texas and in Arkansas, playing games on the iPad and enjoying the day together. Last year I was one of those yahoos out Black Friday shopping in the wee hours of the morning. This year I slept in. No Black Friday shopping for me this year. Instead we took our time getting started and eventually found ourselves at the movie theater to see Arthur Christmas {cute movie!}. Then Saturday we had Chris and Dad lug all our Christmas decoration boxes out of storage. Then we let them off the hook at they headed out for a day of fun in the sun golfing {it was gorgeous and 75 degrees}. Mom, Alicia, and I got all the lights on the outside of the house put up, and started on the inside. We got the tree decked out, stockings hung, and unpacked a whole mess of other little Christmas-y decorations. I love Christmas time! So all in all it was a great week spent in Nashville. But would you believe that I didn't take a single picture...shame on me. I will be sure to snap some the next go round.
Hope everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment