Ok, so I have been working on this for a little while now. I finally finished it last night! I made a quilt! I have to say I am rather impressed myself. One of my best friends from college, Charlotte, is expecting. It will be her first, a little boy. I am so thrilled for her! As soon as I found out it was a boy I was off to the fabric store. I knew that I wanted to use the Noah's Ark fabric that my mom used in Madison's baby quilt. So I used that and got other coordinating fun fabrics. I have to say a big thanks to my mom. Thanks mom! She guided me through the whole process. Everything from what fabrics will look good together, how to piece it, sew it, pin it, bind it...just about everything. All in all, it was a relatively simple process. Just takes a little bit of time. Isn't darling?

view from the front
view from the back

Madison loves this thing! Anythime I get it out, she either sits on it or covers up with it. Too cute!


these frogs are just so happy! I love 'em!

sweet little monkeys

There were a few fabrics specially chosen for this quilt. This music note fabric is one of them. Charlotte is a elementary music teacher, and her husband is a middle school band director. Music is a huge part of their life. So I had to sneak this one in.

This is what the quilting looks like on the back. I chose nice and easy lines for my first project.
This is the label that is on the back. I put the lyrics to Dixie Chicks "Godspeed" on it. It is such a sweet song. The red binding (the border of the quilt) is another fabric that was special to this family. I don't know if you can tell, but there are Mickey Mouse heads on it. Charlotte is a huge Disney fan! Her cake topper at her wedding was Minnie and Mickey Mouse. So I wanted to put a little something Disney in this quilt. I think it is the perfect finishing touch.

I finished the quilt just in time. The shower is in a couple weeks! Now that this one is over, I am already trying to pick out my next quilt, the fabric, and who it going to be for. It was a really fun process and I think it turned out just fabulous!
3 comments:
OMG...she is going to love it. It looks so sweet. Kenzie loved the frogs of course. It makes me want to cry (big surprise) just thinking about her opening the gift and seeing it for the first time. I hope the baby loves it as much as our Madison loves her green blanket.
WOW!!! The blanket looks beautiful! Hessy, you are so sweet and thoughtful! I am always amazed with how giving you are. Charlotte and Dane are going to LOVE this blanket!
I do love it!! It's so beautiful and I know that Ryan will love it too! I can't believe (well really I can) that you made it...so amazing!!!
Post a Comment