Thursday, January 6, 2011

~Top Ten of Twenty-Ten~

2010 was packed full of wonderful moments and memories. As this new year has started I wanted to take a look back at this past year and pick my top 10 memories. There was a lot to choose from, so here goes...

#10 The many visitors we had from out of state.
We had visitors all year long. The Shotwells from Arkansas (more than once), the King and Ader families for Memorial day weekend, the Graham bunch for July 4th, Grandma and Skip for Christmas. So much fun!

The Shotwell/Hess cousins at our Christmas in February

Oma and Madison at Christmas

Kings and Aders


Astrid and I on the 4th


Michelle and I

#9 Projects!
I am a craft and project junky! I put together some pretty spectacular projects this year if I do say so myself. I completed fun Merry Christmas blocks, a couple aprons, 4 Halloween costumes for friends, and 2 amazing quilts. I love projects and I hate being without one.


Quilt #1


Quilt #2


#8 Girls trip to Atlanta
In June, Ashley, Emily, Sarah and I took a little roadtrip to Atlanta to spend a long weekend. We got to go to a comedy club, do some shopping, play games, get pedicures, and laugh...a lot. It was a fabulous time and I really want to do it again!


#7 Tennessee football game weekend with the fam.
In September Mom, Dad, Madison and Granny came to Knoxville to visit and go to a Tennessee football game. We had a blast. I got to show them around Knoxville a little bit, we enjoyed a yummy dinner at a restaurant on the river, and sang Rocky Top...my fav!


#6 Christmas Time!
Everything about this past Christmas season was spectacular. I made a great trip to Texas to spend time with friends and family, family came to Nashville to spend the holiday, and Madison was so much fun to watch as she soaked up all the Christmas festivities.


The giant jigsaw puzzle we spent days working on
#5 My 26th Birthday
My birthday this past year was great. Even though my actual birthday was spent studying, I managed to make the most of it. It was kind of spread out over a 2 week period. We spent my actual birthday pool-side studying but made room for popsicles and presents. We had a belated birthday dinner of fajitas and margaritas along with sombraros and cake. I planned a shooting range excursion too! Way fun!

About to get whipped cream smashed into my face.


Brittany made me a cake.


The gang...most of us at least.

#4 Four checks off my Bucket List
This year I have gotten to cross off several things on the Bucket List.
#12 See all 50 states. I got cross part of this one off. I went to Kentucky for the first time this year...by boat. That was fun!
#11 I traveled all the way to Minnesota early in the year and got to see the Mall of America.

#41 Go to a shooting range. I planned this as part of my birthday celebration. There were 10 of us that went and shot guns. Fun fun!


#43 See Garth Brooks in concert. The best!!!

#2 I passed Quals!
I practically killed myself studying for this test. Studied more that 60 hours in 5 days for this thing. Then when it was done I was scared to find out if I passed or not. But I did! Praise God! Hardest thing ever! But I did it! This was a huge accomplishment!
#1 The Garth Brooks Concert
I am sure you are sick of me mentioning it, but it was the highlight of the year. And a great way to end 2010!

Love this guy!


This year has been amazing! A great way to end the decade. I am looking forward to find out what 2011 has in store for me!

1 comment:

Katie Shing said...

Wow girl! You did a lot of great things this year!!!