Wednesday, June 1, 2011

~Lately~

I'm back.  I'd like to say that I have been so super busy that I just haven't had a chance to jump on here and give you all an update...but the fact of the matter is I have just been a bit lazy.  So here is a little update...

I am doing well here in Texas.  I am working 5 days a week for now, pretty soon I will only be working 3 days a week.  I am learning lots and having fun.

A couple weekends ago I went with friends and family to the Jimmy Buffett tailgate-extravaganza and concert.  It was quite an event; shrimp boil, coconut bras & grass skirts, minute-to-win-it games, leis, rowdy fans, music, and of course margaritas.  It was a ton of fun! I got really really sun burnt.

Michelle and I

"Fin Men"- these guys went around to whole place and never sat down.
Their hats even lit up. Fun!
Astrid and I dancing away!



There has been a stomache bug that hit our house.  Katie and John both got it.  John was out for a day and Katie was out for 2 and half days.  Not sure how, but I somehow manage to escape it.  But my supervisor at work got it, Michelle and Astird got it.  Yuck!

This past weekend I went with my grandma to the Dallas-Ft.Worth National Cemetery for a Memorial Day Service.  There were a ton of people that made it out for the service, complete with jet flyover.  While we were there we went to see where my grandpa's ashes are.  I wasn't able to make it to the service they had for him when they placed him in the columbarium, so it was good to see where he is.

flags!

Grandpa

I have recently discovered my new favorite website.  Pinterest.com.  It is a website where you can organize all your favorite things you find on the web.  So fun.  I am addicted.  You have to check it out.  If you are interested in creating an account let me know.  If I send you an invite, you get access instantly.  Otherwise you have to wait 3 or 4 days like I had to.

I guess that about sums up the past couple of weeks.  Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!

*****************
55. Learn to play the guitar

1 comment:

Kelly said...

yay for pinterest and yay for no sickness for april!!