When trying to get out of my super-comfy, warm and cozy bed in the mornings, I have to hit snooze for at least half an hour. This morning was no different. My alarm went off at about 5:15am in order to make sure my behind was in the shower by 5:45am. So, completely exhausted, I finally drag myself (just about kicking and screaming) to the shower. When I am done, as I am drying myself off, I glance at the little battery powered clock sitting on the vanity in the bathroom. It says 4:02am. I knew that wasn't right...the battery must be dying. So I make my way to my room, towel dry my hair, and glance at the alarm clock. Alarm clock time: 6:01am. Then something in me said to check my phone. Phone time: 4:01am. Oh crap...then I check my computer. Computer time: 4:02am. Are you kidding me?? I wanted to cry. It was 4 o'clock in the morning!!!! I then decide that I have to blow dry my hair...it'll be a crazy, half-wavy, half-straight mess if I don't. So I plug the blow dryer in in my room and then go in my closet and shut the door, so as to not wake my sleeping roomates (who were snug as a bug in a rug, fast asleep in their bed.) As soon as my hair is mostly dry, it is back into pjs, and back into bed! I reset the damn clock, reset the alarm, and lay my head down. I am thinking, "if I fall asleep right now, I can get an hour and half of sleep." The problem is, I am now wide awake. I mean, come on, I have done half of my morning routine...showered, hair dried, teeth brushed. So I lay there and lay there. I look over at the clock..."if I fall asleep right now, I can get an hour of sleep." I must have dozed off shortly after that, because the next thing I know that stupid alram was going off again. This time it was really time to start the day. So once again, I drag myself out of bed. Good Morning to me!!
Hope your day started off better than mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment