Thursday, July 14, 2011

~Check!~

Most of you who know me, know that I am very close with my cousin Michelle.  I love her to peices and we have had a blast hanging out this summer.  I will be sad when I have to go back to Tennessee and I don't get to see her face as often.  Not too long ago, she asked what all was on my bucket list, and that she wanted to help me check something off of it.  Well...mission accomplished.

Number 37 on my list is go to a drive in movie.  Last weekend Michelle, Astrid, Dylan, and I loaded up and headed south of Dallas to Ennis.  At first I thought we were all a little crazy.  A drive in movie...outside...in 100+ degrees.  We stopped on the way and filled a cooler with bottled water.  We left early...we wanted to make sure we got a good spot.  Well we got there early alright...we were just about the only people there. 


This place was pretty old school.  Complete with oldies music, junk food including funnel cakes, and even a old rickety little mini-golf course.  Once we got the car settled, we headed out to check the place out.  We had about 3 hours to kill before dark.  We headed over the food stands and Astrid got some dippin' dots.  Then we headed over to play a round of mimi-golf.  I suck at mini-golf, but it was a fun little adventure to pass the time.  After golf, it was dinner time.  We got good movie food...corn dogs, nachos, popcorn and cokes.  Mmmmmm.  After chowing down, and singing to the some oldies, dark finally set and it was movie time.  We got out some lawn chairs, set up camp, had a pretty good breeze, and enjoyed Transformers 3 in 3D.  And the heat wasn't even that bad believe it or not.  It was a super fun little excursion. 


Dylan putting...Astrid trying to distract.


Me and Astrid...and Dylan's arms shooting out of my shoulders.


Michelle and I

Thanks Michelle for helping me cross this off my list.  I loved it!


No comments: