Tuesday, July 5, 2011

~Here I Am~



I have been a total failure at this blogging thing this summer.  I have had plenty of time to update this thing, I have just not wanted to for some reason.  But not to worry, I am back.

Work is going really well.  I am continuing to learn a lot.  I love the people that I work with. And the time is just flying by.  I have a story to share in a later post.  But I will tell you this, the patients have been very interesting here.  Some are quirky, some are weird, some are very loving, and some are just inappropriate.  To be continued...

For the most part I have been trying to stay cool in this furnace they call Texas.  I have seen a few movies, Super 8 (really enjoyed it), Bridesmaids (funny, but should have waited for redbox), Bad Teacher (funny and highly inappropriate), Soul Surfer (really good, balled my eyes out), The Adjustment Burough (very entertaining), and Larry Crowne (cute, I love Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts). 

I have been shopping...not that I will have any room in my small little Corolla to take anything back to Tennessee.  Although I did find a dresser that I am dying to get from Ikea.  No way I can get that sucker back with me.  I have been collecting fabric for my next little project.  I am excited about that!  And I have been buying sweet little baby things for my good friend Sandra.  She is expecting a baby boy in October.

Katie and I have gotten hooked on a the show Brothers & Sisters.  We started with season 1 on Netflix and have fallen in love with it.  So good...its basically a prime-time soap opera = drama drama drama = April loves it!

Now that there are no Mavs games on, the tv watching is less enjoyable.  But that all stops come Thursday.  Big Brother starts up!  I have always loved this show, I watch it every summer.  Again, drama drama drama = April's guilty pleasure.  You guys should all tune in.  Beware...it comes on 3 nights a week.  For some that is far too much, for me that is the perfect amount!

That is the really quick re-cap on my summer so far.  I promise to be better about posting.  I have several more posts I am working on to really get you up to speed.

Hope you all had a safe and happy 4th!

No comments: