Sunday, July 17, 2011

~Got my fix!~

Madison and mom came all the way down here to visit me this past week.  So it was a week of Madison time!  I only work three day work weeks so I took my two days off on Monday and Tusday to squeeze in more time with them.  Here is how our week went.  {scroll to the bottom for pictures}

Saturday
Mom and Madison arrive in town and stay the night with me.  Madison got to meet John & Katie...she fell in love with Katie at first sight just about.  It took her a smidge longer to warm up to John, but she certainly came around.  We went for any evening walk down to the neighborhood park and let her get those 13 hours of stored up energy out. 

Sunday
The three of us went to church.  Afterwards it was out to lunch with Michelle and Granny.  We all chatted for quite a while and then Madison, mom, and I headed to Ikea to check out a dresser I am dying to get.  Then it was back to the house.  The afternoon was filled with craft time and playing Old Maid with John & Katie.  Later in the evening Katie, Madison and I headed over to Kelly's house.  There is a great bike trail near her house, and Madison just so happened to bring her bike.  She rode until dark and then it was time to cool off inside.  Kelly and Marcelo have an adorable little puppy, Emmie and Madison chased each other run around for an hour.  Madison was good and worn out. 

Monday
After a bit of sleeping-in and a slow start in the morning we packed a picnic lunch and got into our bathing suits.  Mom, Madison, Katie, Kelly and I headed to a waterpark.  They had big slides, little slides, a splash pool and even a lazy river.  For three hours we splashed, swam, had our picnic lunch, and splashed some more.  We all got good and tired by then end of it all.  That night it was off to Ozell's for Madison and mom. 

Tuesday
Madison went with Ozell for the afternoon to play with cousins, and mom and I got to spend the afternoon shopping...one of my favorite past times.  We ran around town going in and out of fabric stores, picked up a customized sunshade for dad's car, and enjoyed spending Madison-free time together.  For dinner we picked up Madison and had mexican food with Madeline and Mackenzie. 

Wednesday
I worked a half a day and then met up with mom and Madison for dinner with my god-parents, Allen and Elaine.  We enjoyed Chick-fil-a so Madison could play while we chatted.  Then it was back to their house for swimming in their pool. 

Thursday
I took a day off from Madison and mom.  I worked a full day and was too pooped to hang out in the evening.

Friday
I worked another full day, but met up with lots of family that evening.  We had a great dinner and lots of catching up.  Got home after midnight and crashed.

Saturday
Headed to Oma's house to spend the afternoon.  Madison and I enjoyed taking these crazy pics on Oma's new iPad. 


After all the silliness at Oma's, Madison and I picked up Astrid and it was off for a fun filled dinner while mom met up with old-friends.  The three of us headed to Rainforest Cafe.  We had a blast watching  and listening to the elephants, gorillas, cheetas and fish while we ate.  

Sunday
Mom and Madison headed for Tennessee early in the morning.  I am so glad they came for a visit, but I am so pooped. 

I am looking forward to these last couple weeks of work.  I counted it up and I only have 16 more days until I pack up and head home.  I can't beleive this summer has gone by so fast!


No comments: