
But, I am pretty sure I looked like this...
So the biggest chunk of testing is over with...the 8 hour written portion. Each faculty member wrote a question or two for us to answer. There were only 12 questions. 12! 12 questions to address pretty much everything we have learned the last 3 years of school. Crazy I tell you. So as you can imagine, there was a ton of writing, I'd say I typed close to 16 pages single spaced. I remember during one of the questions, I was ferociously typing, and I just stopped for a second and thought, "damn, I know a lot." Then I turned the page and thought, "well crap, I don't know enough." I don't have any concerns about not passing, but there were definitely places that I could have known more. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now. I hear that this is the most challenging part, and the worse is over. Good grief I hope the rest is easier, it was the single hardest thing I have ever had to do in the history of ever. Grad school ain't for sissies.
So after the test, I came home. I walked in my apartment and put my things down. I made myself a "Holy moly April, you do it! You are done with that part!" glass of raspberry lemonade. Then I walked into my living room and just looked around. I thought, "I could do anything I want right now. I could pick up a book and read for fun. I could take a nap. I could watch some rediculous trash reality tv show that I so enjoy for whatever reason. I could paint my toe nails {they have been majorly neglected since way before Christmas}. I could start planning my next crafty project. Anything! Freedom! I decided that since I was only running on about five and a half hours of sleep total from the last two nights, I should start with a nap. It was greatness. Plan for tonight: sitting on the couch, under a warm blanket, waiting for the snow to get here {supposed to get around 3 inches tonight}.
The next step is Saturday. I take the Praxis exam for my national certification. Should be a walk in the park compared to the last 2 days. Let's hope so.
I would like to thank everyone that said a prayer, sent happy and wishful thoughts my way, wrote sweet messages to me on facebook, made a phone call, or sent a text message. It was very much appreciated! You're the best!

No comments:
Post a Comment