I had an interview on Friday at a private practice in Columbia, TN. I have been really excited about this place since I first heard about it. When they asked me to come in for an interview, I was really looking forward to it. Of course I was nervous, but I felt really good about it. I had sent many emails back and forth with them and one of my supervisors on campus actually graduated with one of the audiologists there and gave me a good recommendation. So Friday at 10:30 I went in for my interview. I met the women who I had been corresponding with...FYI, her name was Dr. Pepper {my favorite drink, pretty much obsessed}, if that wasn't written in the stars, I don't know what is. I also met with the owner of the practice. Of course he grilled me, but I held my own. Then there was a patient that needed to get worked in right away, so I sat in on that appointment. Then Dr. Pepper asked me to lunch. We grabbed a bite to eat and chatted away. Then she wanted to show me around the ENT office they work with, and meet the doctors. So after it was all said and done, it was a 4 hour "interview".
As we were finishing up, I asked if they were interviewing other potential 4th year students. So told me that they were waiting to see what I would say. She told me that I was highly highly recommended and they were not going to interview anybody else if I wanted the job. Talk about feeling good. I was pretty much dumb-founded. I told her I was very interested and would be happy to be a part of their team! My salary and start date are still being negotiated, but I will be working there starting in late May or the first of June.
So I plan on living in Spring Hill, TN- it will be about 15 minutes south to work and about 15 minutes north to mom and dad's. I am so excited...mom and dad are excited...granny is excited...Madison is ecstatic.
Finding a 4th year placement is the last big piece of stress that I have been faced with. I got through all the studying and exam taking. I just needed to find a job. Check! I am so relieved and I am so looking forward to finally being done with school and working!! Finally making money.
To all of you that have continued to keep me in your thoughts and prayers for these past few months, thank you thank you thank you. I am finally feeling good about life again. It was pretty scary there for a while. But I am feeling awesome and can't wait to start a whole new chapter...yet again.
So...I only have 12 weeks left in Knoxville!
Oh! By the way, mom and I went apartment hunting on Saturday, and found a great place! So excited! More on that to come later I'm sure!
2 comments:
We are so excited and thrilled for you! I know you are going to do a great job for them in Columbia. Congratulations on all you have accomplished! Love to you!
Bobbie & Bob
So very Proud of you, so very Proud. Love you so very much,
GiGi
Post a Comment