Wednesday, February 22, 2012

~Lent~

I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do or give up for lent this year.  I have been thinking about it for a couple of weeks now and I think I have finally decided.  So this year I am…get ready for it…I am giving up the snooze button on my alarm.  Lord, I will need your help with this one.  For those of you who don’t know, I LOVE my snooze button.  Seriously.  Love it.  I typically snooze for at least 45 minutes {some may think this is crazy, but it totally works for me}.  So this may prove to be the most challenging season of lent yet.  

In addition to giving something up, I am doing a daily devotional that Christ Church {my church back in Texas…yes I still call it my church, even though I have been gone for 4 years now} has put together.  You can find it here if you are interested. 

I also plan to take a picture of something or someone I am grateful for everyday.  I hope to post them on this here blog.  Probably not everyday, but maybe once a week post the pictures from that week. 

Day one…a complete success.  Here’s to 39 more!

Grateful for a beautiful sunrise on the way to work this morning. 

1 comment:

BobbieSue said...

Very worthwhile things to do for Lent. I especially like the picture of something you are grateful for. It is a good reminder of all that God has done for us--large and small. :)