Friday, March 30, 2012

~A Graduation Gift~

I had been working fast and furiously right before I left for my trip to finish up a project I had been working on. I am sure you have "heard" me talk about Madeline on here before.  She is one of my favorite people, she is one of my God-children, and she happens to be graduating from high school this coming June.  So in true April fashion, I thought I would make something for her.

I had started this project back in December, and was just working on it as I had a time.  A little here, a little there.  Not really in any hurry.  Then about 2 weeks before I was leaving for my trip, I shot up out of a dead sleep and realized that I wasn't going to be able to be there for her graduation in June.  I am a soon to be working girl, you know.  I needed to get this project done so that I could give it to her while on my trip. So I became a busy little bee and got it done.

I made Maddie a quilt...surprise surprise.  {I think I have a sickness. I can't seem to stop making them.} Anywho.  I found this quilt on Pinterest and decided it was the one.  Only problem was the link for it was to purchase the completed quilt and not a pattern to explain how to make it.  So I got out some handy-dandy graph paper and designed the whole thing from scratch.  I think it turned out great!  I probably say this about each one I make, but seriously, this is my favorite one yet.  It was a little hard to part with.  But I know it will get used and lots of love.



Needless to say she loved it.  She told me that it will be on her bed in the dorms.  I am so glad she loves it so much!  Also gifted was a little sewing kit, and I even gave a couple of sewing-for-beginners lessons.  

So...Happy (early) Graduation Madeline! So proud of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, This is beautiful. I know that M. will love this for a long time. You did so well. Love you. GiGi