Friday, April 27, 2012

~Awkward~

A few of these awkward moments have happened over the past several weeks, but I thought you would all get a kick out of them so here goes...

~That moment when out of the corner of your eye realize there is a giant black bug on your shirt.  You instantly turn into a karate master.  Only to realize it was a piece of fuzz.  You then are very thankful that you are alone in your apartment where there are no witnesses. 

~Literally a six inch butt crack.  Like a shining beacon across the food court.

~Getting all comfy cozy and warm in bed. You reach for the remote to turn the tv off and drop it on the floor where it ricochets off the nightstand, sending it into the abyss that is under the bed. You can't make your arm contort to reach it and must get out of bed to find it. You can't find it, you are pissed, you curse the remote, and stomp over to the tv to turn it off.

~The same exact ritual I go through every time someone asks me what my name is.
    -I'm April.
    -Oh!  Were you born in April?
    -No (smiling, acting as if I have never heard that one before).
            -OR-
    -I'm April.
    -Do you know any of the Ninja Turtles?  You know...like April O'Neal.
    -(I smile and shake my head. And think...haha yeah, good one.)
 One of these days, I'm just going to save myself the trouble and legally change my name to April, no I was not born in April and I do not know any Ninja Turtles Hess.  It has a certain ring to it, don't you think?

~When the weather goes from sunny and 80 degrees on a Friday and by Sunday, when the golf tournament that you are in charge of hosting is, it is windy, cloudy, and barely out of the 40s.  You ride around the golf course in long sleeves, two jackets, a blanket, and still can't feel your fingers.  People point and make fun. Yes I am that big of a wuss. 

~When you no longer get carded in the liquor store. Yep. That happened today. Yikes. 

~While out for dinner with mom, dad, and Madison, the nice young waiter man delivers our beverages.  Two tall glasses of water for mom and dad, and two kiddy cups for Madison and myself.  Uhh...what??  As if being a 20-something and being given a child's cup is not awk enough, trying to figure out if it was meant as a joke or if it was really a mistake was just as awkward.  Poor guy was so embarrassed once he figured it out.  Don't worry. I got a big girl cup. 

Sorry it's so blurry, the camera on my phone is awful.


1 comment:

Katie said...

That's hilarious! The kiddie cup thing is ridiculous. I love all of those stories.