Wednesday, April 18, 2012

~National Stress Awareness Month~

So today, my good friend Ellen DeGeneres told me that April is National Stress Awareness Month!  Boy is it!  Here is my life in a nutshell right now...

  • As most of you know I am in the process of packing up the seemingly unendless mess of stuff that is my apartment.  Why one person needs so much stuff is beyond me, but none-the-less it is all being carefully packed in boxes.  I move in 16 days and counting!
  • I've been busy making sure I have a truck to move an apartment full of stuff.  Making sure I have people to load the truck and unload the truck and coordinating times for all that jazz. Blah.
  • I present my research project on Friday afternoon for faculty.  This is a project that I have developed, collected data on, and analyzed for two years now.  So these last few weeks have been filled with several 2-3 hour long meetings discussing and analyzing results and putting together the presentation.  I present in front of department faculty in 2 days.  This is the mother of all presentation.  Please say a prayer.
  • This Sunday, the organization that I am president of, is hosting a golf tournament to raise money to purchase hearing aids for kiddos.  I am busy making sure we have enough players, we have food for players, we have goody bags for players, I have enough people working shifts at the tournament, etc.  The list goes on and on.
Thank you National Stress Awareness month!  I am well aware!  If I can get through all this stuff in the next few days, I get to enjoy a fun little trip.  Several of the girls that I have spent the last 3 years with here at school and I are taking a little road-trip.  We are looking forward to some much needed time away.  We have rented a cabin in Kentucky for 4 nights and will get to enjoy time together before we all leave for our externships.  Totally looking forward to this!

So for now I leave you with this. 


You're welcome.

No comments: