Sunday, February 21, 2010

~Auntie April & Madison's Day of Fun~

I finally got to see my Madison this past weekend. I haven't seen her since Christmas. Man! Has she grown! Mimi needed a little time to get some things done around the house so Madison and I set out on our own set of adventures...just the two of us!

We started out by doing manicures! A girl has to have beautifully painted fingernails! So here are the after shots.





Aren't they beautiful?

We had a beautiful day, so off to the park we went. When we got there, we played on every peice of equipment they had...and then we did it all again! We enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air for a couple hours, ran and skipped, sang and laughed, and cried at the occasional boo-boo.


I even managed to get Madison to think it was her idea to have a little photo shoot. I really wanted to get a picture with her, but sometimes that is not so easy. So after letting her take a picture of me...

Isn't this a great shot?

...I managed to get this picture of the two of us. Love it!
So after our wonderfully long trip to the park, we were off to grab a bite to eat. Where else but Chick-fil-A! Complete with another playground for little punkin to enjoy! We picked up Gigi, so she could join in on our fun! After eating a wopping 3 whole bites of her chicken nuggets and drinking half of her apple juice, Madison wanted an ice cream cone. After begging her to eat more with no success, I caved. Mimi would never have allowed it. So it was a good thing Mimi wasn't there! It was Auntie April and Madison day! You know what that means...

...she got the ice cream cone!
After the delicious ice cream and another round of playground fun, we dropped Gigi off back at her house and were off to the car wash...or as Madison says, "to give the car a bath". My car was filthy from all the snow and salt they put on the roads. I went to one of the drive through ones, and Madison was elated when I let her sit in my lap as we went through it. Of course she was more interested in pushing all the buttons on the dash than the car wash. So after re-adjusting my side mirrors, turning the blinker off, turning of the defroster, turning the volume of the radio down, and buckling her back in her seat we were off to our final stop...the party supply store to get a balloon! They had about 25 different colors to choose from. This proved to be a bit of a challenge for a 2 year old, but we finally got it narrowed down to either pink and purple.

Purple it is!
To end our day we were feeling pretty goofy and had another little photo shoot.







I had so much fun with this little girl this weekend. So glad we got some great time spent together, just the two of us! I love you my Madison!

No comments: