Monday, February 15, 2010

~So Much for Getting Anything Done!~

I am totally addicted to the Olympics! I can't get enough! I am just so impressed by all of the events. Not only is the athleticism amazing, but some of these competetors are just kids...17 and 18 years old! It is amazing to me. I don't understand how you that you have a talent for some of these events? How do you know that you could go flying down a mountain with a tons of bumps, weave in and out of them, hit a ramp, fly through the air doing twists and turns, land on your feet, still flying down the mountain weaving in and out of all the bumps. How do you learn how to do this, find out that you are extrodinarily great at it, and end up in the Olympics all before you are out of high school. Unreal! I love it!

So far my most favorite events are the Men's Short Track Speed Skating...I love Apolo Ohno! And I have really enjoyed the Moguls. I laughed at myself the other night. I was watching the Women's Mogul finals. I was sitting on the couch and I was calling out all the mistakes like I was a judge..."Oh nope! Her knees were apart for just a sec." or "She didn't get enough air for that crossed helipcopter." or "Her time was too long. If she could have only been 1.3 seconds faster." Haha I love it!


There's my man Apolo there in the navy blue!

So thank you Winter Olympics 2010 for bringing all things at school and home to a halt as I immerse myself into all your events!

No comments: