Low:
Had a rocky day in clinic today. Just as I thought that I had this whole clinic thing figured out, I was put back in my place. I was reminded that I don't have all the answers yet, and I still have much to learn.
So after...
1. Being grilled for answers (I didn't know the answers to)
2. made to look like a fool in front of the patient (this is my supervisor's teaching method...it sucks if you ask me.)
3. and a half hour meeting with my supervisor to discuss my blunders of the day (like I didn't already know them)
...I was ready to call it a day, and it wan't even noon yet.
But as bad as that was, I had a really awesome high of the day...
High:
My high today was finding an awesome message on facebook from one of my most favorite people and a very dear friend. It absolutely made my day! So right before starting off my Monday morning this is what I found...
When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion..., who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~Henri Nouwen
April - you have always known how to be my friend and i love you for that. I only pray that i have been a good friend to you too. I love you and i can't imagine my life without you in it. You are my chosen family. Love San
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment