Well, last Wednesday I had an appointment to issue a patient new hearing aids. I had done all my prep work, filled out all my correct paperwork, checked the hearing aids, made sure all the settings were right. I had drilled in my head everything I need to do throughout the hour and a half session. I felt totally and completely ready! Bring it on Dr. Schay!
Well, things went from really great to really horrible in no time flat! The good thing about the whole situation: none of it was my fault!!!! Turned out, when I called my patient's name in the waiting room, the wrong person answered. haha He just stood up. Who does that? Then we didn't figure out that the wrong person was in my room, for a good 20 minutes! Then once we figured it out, things continued to fall apart. Even with Dr. Schay in the room with me. It was just one thing after another!
Oh well, I survived. Dr. Schay and I had many good laughs over the whole thing. So, as bad as the appointment went, she applauded me for being able to roll with the punches and for keeping my cool.
As I usually have to, I had to write a report following the appointment. Report writing for Dr. Schay is a hit or miss. Sometimes I will get a report back that I did pretty well on, that maybe I will have a handful of corrections, and sometimes I get one back that has been torn to pieces as if a 2nd grader had written it. Look what I got back...
...PERFECT!!! Not one correction! OMG! I cannot even tell you how ecstatic I was!
Usually where that "excellent" is, there is just a check mark.
HOLY CRAP!!! I DID IT!
2 comments:
Awesome Hessy! I'm so proud of you! :)
Amazing! I must say - I truly know EXACTLY how you feel. This is a BIG deal girly! Soak it in :)
Post a Comment