Sunday, September 19, 2010

~Bucket List: Places to See~

Most of you know that I have a bucket list. This is something that a high school teacher strongly encouraged us to do. In fact it was an assignement. We had to submit 10 things we wanted to do before we died. I made one, and I still have it. I add to it all the time. I look at it all the time. There are many things on it, that I don't know will ever actually get done, but I like to think that maybe, just maybe someday they will.
After my post about my birthday and how I got the cross one thing off my list, I got a lot of people asking what else was on my list...
It is quite long. I am a little OCD sometimes. So...it is categorized. haha So in this post I wanted to share with you the "Places to See" category.
1. Ride in a gondola in Venice & be kissed under a bridge

This has been my #1 since the day I made this list. I guess it's the romantic in me.

2. Go on a Mediterranean cruise

3. See the Eiffel Tower
Who doesn't want to do this?

4. Go to the Louvre in Paris, France


5. See Australia

6. See the Great Barrier Reef



It's just too pretty in the pictures. I can't even imagine what it's like in real life.

7. Put my feet in all 4 oceans
~Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic

8. Take a picture with a guard of Buckingham Palace


I want to do this, but with goofy faces and poses.


9. Go to Hollywood--CHECK
We took a family trip out to the Hollywood area my senior year of high school. Best vaction ever. I couldn't find my pictures, but we had a blast. We went on a Hollywood celebrity tour of homes, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier. Best vacation ever!


10. Go to the Ellen Show
She is so funny, and a really good person. I'd love to meet her, but just going to her show would be fabulous!

11. Go to Mall of America--CHECK

Went here this past year in February. Wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be, but I am glad I got to go!

12. Visit all 50 states
~Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
The states in bold are those I have been to.
13. Walk on the Great Wall of China


14. Helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon

This would be so great!

15. See countries of Europe
~Spain, France, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, England, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Greece, Portugal


16. See the northern lights


17. Play blackjack at a table in Vegas


18. Go to Times Square on New Years Eve


I know you probably think I am crazy. But just once. I think it will be an unforgetable experience.

19. See the pyramids in Egypt


20. See the Taj Mahal
I am not so sure about the whole India thing though. Is there a way to see it without having to experience India? Still, I want to see this place.

21. See the Redwoods in California--CHECK

This is a pic of all the cousins huddled in a Redwood trunk. Thanksgiving Break 2001, the whole Shotwell clan (my family, my mom's mom, and my mom's brother, Chris and his family) flew out to northern California to visit my mom's other brother, Tommy and his family. We all piled in a 15 passenger van and went on a tour of Northern Califoria, including: Sanf Fransisco, Jelly Belly Factory, Eureka, the ocean, and the redwoods! Great family memories!

22. See New York City--CHECK



Here I am getting in a cab in NYC. My junior year of high school, my chior was invited to sing at Carnegie Hall in NYC. So I got to spend several days running around New York with friends doing all the touristy things: Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, MTV studios, was on the Today show, saw the filming of 2 movies, picnic in Central Park, shopping, and sang of course. So much fun! I soooo want to go back!


I have lots left of the list still to visit. It's a work in progress. I love thinking that someday I will be a world traveler and get to all these places!

No comments: