This past weekend I was a girl on the go! Here's a little look...
~Friday~
I was supposed to get off of work at noon. But I didn't leave the office until almost 5. I had made plans for dinner with family. So I was off to McKinney. Coming from Grapevine in rush hour traffic means that it was a pretty long drive. But I finally made it. My wonderful Aunt Debbie made a delicious meal of country fried steak and chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, and rolls. Mmmmmm...so good! So I got to spend time with Michelle, Scott, Astrid, Uncle Mike, and Aunt Debbie. Later in the evening Michelle and I hunkered down and watched Black Swan. Then it was back to Lewisville to get a little shut eye.
Busy day, but a great ending.
~Saturday~
I slept in a little but, got up and shared breakfast with Katie, John and Steve (Katie's dad that was in town for Kelly's graduation). The men cooked up a delicious breakfast. Following breakfast, it was time to get ready for the busy day.
I was off to McKinney...again...Astrid had a volleyball game that I was asked to attend. I got to Michelle's house just in time to grab Astrid and get her to the game a little early and meet the rest of the family there.
Following the game, the whole gang headed over to Chili's to grab a bite. After enjoying time spent with the family it was time to head back across north Texas to Lewisville. One of my long time friends just graduated with her Masters in couseling, just purchased a new home, and was hosting a little party at her new home to celebrate her awsome accomplishment. We had loads of fun complete with yummy food and drinks, bocce ball, washers, horeshoes, balloon animals, frisbees, and minute-to-win-it games. Had a blast!
![]() |
| Kelly holds the record for this minute-to-win-it game; blow all but one card off the top of an upside down cup. Her time: less than 8 seconds. Impressive. |
![]() |
| Me attempting to play this silly ladder yard game. Toss the rope and make it land on one of the ladder rungs. I am horrible at this. |
~Sunday~
Sunday morning, it was off to church. Great worship. Then it was off to the Mesquite area to see some of my favorite people, Madeline, Kenzie, and Mason.
Kenzie was dying to go to Chili's. So it was Chili's again for April. After a great lunch, we headed over to see a movie. It was Mason's pick...Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Pretty cute movie. An afternoon with kiddos is never complete without some ice cream. So after the movie it was off to TCBY from some yummy yogurt.
I had so much fun with them, and can't wait to do it again!
Busy busy busy weekend, but a really fun filled one!
Next weekend is looking pretty busy too! Should be fun!
**********
26. Adopt a child.




No comments:
Post a Comment