Tuesday, April 13, 2010

~Sometimes a facebook conversation can totally fix a bad day!~

So I had a really really rough day today. I had pediatric clinic this morning, where one of my slots was filled with an adult patient. Normally this wouldn't be completely heartbreaking, but I had to have to patient from hell today. Let's just say that by the end of the session I (as well as my supervisor) was cussed up and down, the wife of the patient yelled and scolded him in front of me for being so mean and hateful, but he eventually sarcastically apologized for his behavior. Needless to say I was pissed. Not only did they take away an appointment with one of my kiddos, they had to stick me with a crotchety old man. Blah! Then I had a day full of meetings, speech therapy (which I never enjoy doing...there is a reason I chose audiology and not speech pathology). Then this evening I had a practical exam, where I had to run a series of tests on one of my class mates and was graded on my ability to runs the tests, interpret the data, and answer any questions that popped into my instructor's head. Talk about stressful!!! Needless to say it has not been the best day, it's been a pretty crappy one. One of the worst I have had in a while. But I had a wonderful conversation on facebook just a few minutes ago. It totally changed my day. It made my heart happy.


Let me tell you about Maddie...

She is one of 'my kids' I seem to mention on here from time to time. But she is hardly a kid anymore...she's going on 16. I first got to know her when I worked with her mom, Sandra, at the wonderful world of Garden Ridge way back when...she was only 11 years old then. Who knew that a short time later I would be living with her and the family, working my way through they last 2 years of undergrad. I have had the awesome opportunity to get to watch her grow into a pretty awesome young woman.

She has a blog that she posts regularly on. And there was a recent post that I was so happy to see. It really showed what kind of person she is. That she stands for what the right thing is, and doesn't care what other people say or want her to do.

She made my day...and I think I made hers too. Here is how it went...

April (in response to her blog post): so enjoy looking at your blog. i want to say what a great person i think that you are and are becoming. Your post 'STOP.', really shows that you are a woman of integrity, respect and loyalty. I love you! You go girl! haha I know that last line was corny, but it just felt like the right thing to say. :)

Maddie: This is the reason I love April Dawn Hess. She makes me feel so good about myself(: So thank you. P.S. I look up to you. You are a wonderful role model.

April: love it! you make me feel good about myself too. i cried a little reading that. i know i am rediculous. a role model is something i always strive to be. for you, for your brother and sister, for madison, even for your mom and other grown people. it's something i pride myself on. so thanks. i guess that means i am doing my job. that makes me feel good. :)

Maddie: You are. I love you April. Our whole family would be so much different without you. I'm very thankful for you.

Thank you Maddie for turning my day around! I love you!

No comments: