Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. Somers~

So my 2nd trip to Texas in less than 2 weeks was for a much happier occasion! Marcelo and Kelly got married!


I have known Kelly for almost 8 years now. Her sister Katie lived across from me in the dorms, and I have had the pleasure of becoming very close with the entire Gornik family. When Kelly graduated from high school, she moved to Denton and also went to school at UNT. I am so glad we became closer when she moved. I first met Marcelo 6 or so years ago, when he and Kelly began dating while they were still in high school. I am so happy that I got to see these two at the beginning of their relationship and now as they begin their marriage. I am so honored that they asked be to be a part of their wedding day.


We joked about it all weekend, but my title was Peggy's (mother of the Bride) Maid of Honor. Job description: do anything and everything needed to see that this wedding and all it's festivites was a success. So I...

~was chauffeur when needed
~coordinated logistics of who was where, when, and how
~hauled reception gear to the reception site
~did Bride's Maid's hair
~sewed buttons on Groom's Men's tuxedo jackets
~handed out programs
~ensured that the wedding party had everything they needed
~rearranged place settings
~set up table number and seat assignments
~instructed people where they were seated
~took wedding gifts to the happy couple's apartments following the reception
~and a number of other things, that I just can't think of.



So I was a busy little bee. I am a little sad that with all my running around, I didn't get a picture with lovely couple, but hope that all the running around lead to a beautiful day that went off without a hitch.



Mother and Father of the Bride walking her down the aisle.





Some of my favorite men!
(Marcelo-Groom, John-Katie's husband and a great friend of mine, and Brian- Brother of the Bride and also a good friend of mine.)




Katie and John
(Matron of Honor and Best Man)




Husband and Wife



Look who I found at the reception! This is Ryan, Dane and Charlotte's little one! What a cute little guy he is! The baby quilt I made was for this guy! Can't believe he is almost 1!








Danced all night!




Sorry this one is so blurry. This was one of my favorite parts of the reception! About half way through the reception, they brought out like 20 light up hula-hoops! So fun!


One night about 5 or 6 years ago, back when Katie, Charlotte and I lived together we were goofing around dancing to music. Celebration by Kool and the Gang came on and we made up a line dance to it. We loved it so much that we promised each other that we would do it at our weddings. Well, so far we have! We did it at Charlotte's, at Katie's, and it has really caught on. We got to do it at Kelly's! And I finally got it recorded! Check it out.



Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Somers!


May you be blessed with a long and happy marriage.
You two were made for each other!

2 comments:

Katie Shing said...

You are the best Mother of the Bride's Maid of Honor in the Universe! Thanks for being a part of my sista's special day! Once again, you were our lifesaver! I love you and miss you so much!!!!

Kelly Somers said...

April, I love you like a sister! I am outraged that no photographs were taken with you!! But your face is such a big part of my wedding day memories! Heck, your face is in a TON of important moments in my life. My whole freakin family loves you, no surprise. Thank you for coming in and celebrating with us! You really know how to be a friend.
I will never forget this.