I grew up loving his music. I can probably sing any song of his on the spot if you asked me to. I love him! We were going over our favorite Christmas memories the other day around the table at home. The question was, "what was your favorite Christmas gift from your childhood?" My answer? I think it was when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I got my very own boom box for my room. It played cds and cassette tapes. And what did I get with it? Garth Brook's album 'In Pieces'. I remember thinking I was so cool, I don't think I came out of my room for days. To this day, that album is still my favorite of all Garth's albums. Years ago, when he announced his retirement, I was sure that I would never get ot go to one if his concerts. Big bummer! I kept it on my bucket list though, and finally Just for me! ...ok, for the Nashville flood victims...he came back and played a few more shows! So exciting!
So we made it a girls night out. My friends Ashley and Emily, and Emily brought a friend from Indiana, Stephanie, and I headed out for the big show. Ashley's dad was kind enough and offered to drive us dowtown so that we could partake in some pre and post concert adult beverage opportunities. So, we got all dolled up and headed out.
When we arrived at the arena, we knew we had floor seats. What we didn't know, was that they were the very last row of the very last section on the floor. Here was out view.
The concert started and I was in my own world. I am sure I looked like a fool, but who cares. I was a singing, screaming, dancing, happy idiot! About 20 minutes into the show, Bev comes and taps on my shoulder. She tells me what to do, "I want you to walk down the isle, toward the stage. Look like you know where you are going or the other security personnel will stop you. Go as far as you can go until you come to a man sitting in a chair facing away from the stage in the middle of the isle. His name is Jason. Tell him Bev sent you and that this is on your bucket list. He knows you are coming down there. He will let you stand there until another security person spots you." Ahhhhh...so excited. So I did just as she told me! And for about 1/2 a song I was in the 4th row!!!!! Life=complete. Ok, not really, but at that moment that is what I thought! As I was forced to go back to my seat, I stopped and gave Bev a huge hug and thanked her! It made my night!
Garth did 2 shows the night we went. We went to the 1st show at 6pm and Mom and Dad had tickets for the 9pm show. There were so many people downtown. People everywhere, half coming, half going. It took us about 30minutes just to get to the street right outside the arena doors. It was insane!
A bunch of Garth fans!
He sang and sang. The whole show was pretty much one giant sing-along. The audience was way into it . He did 2 encores. Sang all my favorites. It was everything I wanted it to be! It was fabulous! Had such a great time! I would love to go again! I am thinking about adding "See Garth Brooks in concert again." to my bucket list. And maybe, just maybe it'll happen again!
No comments:
Post a Comment