So I am walking along and BAM! The next thing I know I am on the ground. I have no clue how I got there. I didn't trip over my own two feet. You know, when you stumble, quick act like you started to jog, to keep from looking like you just tripped over nothing but air. I have been known to do this a time or two...or three. But that is not what happend. There was a step involoved, but I really don't think that was the culprit either. I honestly have no clue how I ended up on the ground.
So I stood as quickly as I could. Quickly looked around for anyone that may have seen. No one did, I don't think. I looked back at the maintainence man and he was still fiddling with the padlock, so he didn't notice that I had gone from walking along to landing on my face in 2 seconds flat. I hurried to my car, feeling like an idiot.
I got to my car, started it, and then realized that my knee was on FIRE! I decided I better go inside and survey the damages. I looked down and the top of my relatively new left shoe was all scuffed up and ugly looking. I looked at my my jeans and it is a miracle they had nothing wrong with them. Then I roll up the left leg of my jeans, and there it is! There is no skin whatsoever on my knee. No wonder it was on fire! I just started laughing. I think I even said outloud to myself in the mirror, "Seriously, April? Seriously?" haha Just call me Grace.
So I got my self all cleaned up and doctored up. Fortunately I had some large bandages, who knows why, probably from some previous smooth move of mine. So it was off to the grocery store. On the list: 1. large bandaids, 2. Neosporin.
Happy Monday!
*********************
17. Ride on an airboat through the Everglades
No comments:
Post a Comment